Overview- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) of the People's Republic of China (PRC) under the Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (the Scheme).
Is a quota based immigration and attracting to all highly skilled and talented person who don’t have permission to enter and remain in Hong Kong in order to increase the economic competitiveness in the global market ,all applicant need to get an approval in principal to proceed further and all Approved applicants does not required any job offer from any Hong Kong based employer to take entry to Hong Kong for settlement, but this is not a formal approval of an entry to Hong Kong under this QMAS program.
• Age- Applicant age should be above 18 to file their application under QMSA scheme.
• Financial requirement- You have to document that you are capable enough to bear your and your family member expenses and support them financially without depending upon public assistance in Hong Kong.
• Good character – You have to show that you have No criminal record before landing in Hong Kong.
• Language proficiency- you have to show proof that you have good command in written and spoken English.
• Basic educational qualification –you must hold the good education pass in first degree from a recognized university or a tertiary educational institution. In few cases they may consider the technical qualifications and certification which can prove your ability as experienced professional and achievements letter which you can think could support to your application..
Unable to furnished above documents original in interview could cause of rejection of your QMSA application.
Selection procedure by stages :
1. Prerequisites- All applicant must full fill the set eligibility criteria to gain points under any of one points based test under this scheme
2. Points based test - Candidate who meet the requirement can be awarded points under any of one points based test General Points Test and Achievement-based Points Test and stand with other candidate in pool for quota allocation , a benchmark points are requirement to be qualified under this scheme and this points can be claimed for five points scoring factor under the General Points Test Persons who choose the General Points Test category are advised to assess whether their credentials are adequate to meet the minimum passing mark before submitting an application. In addition to meeting all Pre-Requisites applicants have to pass one points based test : General Points Based Test OR Achievement Points Based Test
3. Selection exercise - Candidate Selection is done on the basic of regular quota allocation to applicants ,for the allocation of quota applicant get the rank according to the score awarded , to be ranked applicant must fulfill the requirement and minimum passing mark (under the General Points Test) or the one point-scoring factor (under the Achievement-based Points Test) The applicant who will ranked more will by-default will be short-listed for further assessment. The advisory committee where contain the officials and non officials member appointed by the Chief Executive of the HKSAR can help and advise to the Director of Immigration to assess the candidate profile and to offer point-scoring and allocation of quota under the Scheme. While giving the advise for Quota allocation the advisory committee consider the need of country ,socio-economic and requirement of their industrials , after reviews all these facto Hong Kong Immigration department carefully implement the requirement of their industries and Highly scored applications does not required any quota allotment as they get by-default approval, Hon Kong immigration department released publically the result of their selection exercise /allocation on their website.
The Director of Immigration has its own discretion to approve or refused any application without prior notice and clarification under this scheme , he has a power to provide points in any two points-based tests to applicants as according to set of eligibility criteria even , their immigration department can make any changes in requirement in the current scheme without prior notice.
Results of each selection exercise The procedure of grant the allocation and competition of the process could take time so immigration department always advise applicant to wait for the notification of either approval or refusal form their department.
Once application will submit its must fully satisfy the immigration department requirement before a formal approval can be granted.
4. Approval-in-principle - Applicants who get the approval in quota allocation under selection exercise will be awarded with an Approval-in-principle. This is a call letter from Hong Kong immigration department to attend an interview in person in Hong Kong and need to show all originals documents for verification purpose which they had submit earlier the Immigration Department to support their application. They may enter Hong Kong on visitor conditions for this purpose. An Approval-in-principle letter issued to an applicant does not automatically guarantee approval of his/her entry to or remain in Hong Kong under the Scheme.
5. Issue of visa/entry permit - If all original documents are satisfactorily verified and all relevant application procedures are finalized, the successful applicant will be issued with a visa/entry permit under the Scheme for stay in Hong Kong.
Family member migration.
You can bring your family member and children under the age of 18 to Hong Kong under prevailing dependant policy by declaring that you are capable enough to bear their expenses and support them financially without depending upon public assistance in Hong Kong. If you are claiming adaptability points for your spouse level of qualification and unmarried children points under this scheme then it is advisable by department that you must file the application for your dependent along with your visa/entry permit applications.
Highly skilled or talented individuals who have not yet secured a job offer in Hong Kong but are interested to settle and work in Hong Kong may apply under the QMAS which has no sector restriction. There are two points-based tests under the scheme.
The General Points Test - minimum passing mark is set under
The General Points Test factor :
• Academic Qualifications
• Work Experience
• Language Proficiency
• Family Background